Sunday 11 March 2018

Expect the unexpected - tale of 6 dances

I had prepared a programme to call at Adlington club. The Met Office had warned about snow but 'I'll believe it when I see it'. I never did see it, really, but nearer Manchester it was bad. So after thinking about the uncertain forecast and the long drive home I found a local substitute. I suspected there would be hardly anyone there and I was right - 7 including 3 callers.
That week there was another club evening cancelled due to snow plus a Saturday dance.
Last Wednesday the snow had gone - so went and danced at Adlington, but the heap of snow still on the verge showed how bad it had been.

Thursday I was expecting an evening in but had a phone call from another caller in the morning, could I call at a wedding as he wasn't well. Interesting, as I hadn't worked with the band. Rob emailed me their set list which I was reading when another email arrived from him. The band leader had also found a caller, so I got my evening in, after all.

Yesterday I was looking forward to dancing to Knotted Chord with my favourite caller Rhodri Davies. Had a phone call mid afternoon - he was in hospital, could I bring some dances to call. So those dances I had prepared for Adlington were useful after all. Knotted Chord were a joy to work with. Maria called some interesting dances too.
And it was a relief to see Rhodri posting on facebook to say that he is recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment