Thursday 21 February 2019

Jan/Feb dance clubs and an 80th birthday

Since the beginning of the year I have danced and called at Stockton Heath, Adlington and Hawk Green clubs.

Each club has a rota of callers so the dancers get variety and callers can research interesting dances suitable for the members. I try to mix gentle dances with lively,  easy and/or familiar dances with newer or more challenging. Though dances are made up of the same building blocks they can be put together in surprising and satisfying ways.

In Feb I also called with Hi Jinks at an 80th birthday. The family were experienced dancers but wanted dances that all the guests could enjoy. So on the whole I kept it fairly simple, we did do the birthday girl's favourite dance - at first I thought she might have been right to think it was too hard, but after a couple of false starts we got there. (Well it would be boring if no-one ever got confused - though I try not to leave everyone completely bewildered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment